IS CSBI THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOU?
Take a look at CSBI’s Requirements before you apply.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY TO THE 2019 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IF:
- You are a resident of the City of Chicago
- You are a high school Sophomore or Junior (2018-2019 school year)
- Maintain a “B”average on your report card
- Can provide a valid social security card
- Come from a low-to-middle income household (preference given to annual household income that does not exceed $80,000/year)
- You are able to commit to attend every day for the entire duration of the program
You must re-apply using the online application, submit current documents, and meet all of the eligibility requirements of the program to be considered.
GOT IT ALL? GREAT! HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO OFFICIALLY APPLY:
- First, register your email address to access the application: https://csbi.awardspring.com/. Complete all sections of the application.
- Upload the required forms before you submit:
- Official High School Transcript
- Certificate of Income Verification signed by a parent/legal guardian
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation are required. Enter your recommenders’ email addresses in the appropriate section of the application. Recommenders will receive an email with instructions on how to submit their letters. Be sure you follow up with each recommender to ensure that they submit letters by March 31st.
2019 APPLICATION & PROGRAM KEY DATES
- Applications Available
- Applications Due
- Applicant Interviews
- Offer Letters Emailed
APRIL 27 & MAY 4
- Acceptance Letters Due
- Work Permits Due
- First Day at Work Site
- Program Ends
2018-2019 Recruiting Events & Workshops
- Sat. Oct 20th: 2018 Chicago Public Schools 4th Annual Highly Selective School College Fair
Whitney Young H.S., 10am-12pm
- Sat. Jan 12th: HFS Chicago Scholars College & Career Day
Queen of Peace School, 10am -12 pm
- Sat. Feb 2nd: Chicago Park District North Region Teen Opportunity Fair Harry S. Truman College, 10 am – 1pm
- Mon. Feb 4th: Parent Meeting– Mansueto High School
Noble Network Charter School, 5pm-7pm
- Tues. Feb 5th: GEAR UP/Farragut 3rd Annual Summer Expo
Farragut Career Academy, 10am – 2pm
- Thu. Feb 7th: GEAR UP/Senn 4th Annual Summer Expo
Nicholas Senn High School, 8:30-11am
- Sat. Feb 16th: Chicago Park District Central Region Teen Opportunity Fair Malcolm X College, 10 am – 1pm
- Mon. Feb 18th: Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund Annual Summer Opportunities Fair DeLaSalle Institute, 9am- 12pm
- Sat. Mar 4th: Chicago Park District South Region Teen Opportunity Fair Kennedy-King College, 10 am – 1pm